REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Sunday May 31st, 1pm EDT.
Register BEFORE the 31st, registration will close 24 hrs before the event.
Zoom link to be emailed to registrants. Please be sure to check your emails.
This will be a fishbowl discussion facilitated by members of the Adoptee Board regarding the One Child Nation documentary, and open to the community. Please join or renew your FCCNY membership if you have not already.
In a fishbowl discussion, people seated inside the circle actively participate by asking questions and sharing their opinions, while those standing outside listen carefully to the ideas presented.
We request that if you are participating in this discussion that you have already watched the film, which is available on amazon prime.
This discussion will be an hour an a half with the following structure.
1. Introduction of AB members facilitating, and recap of the adoptee only discussion.
2. Continuation/Expansion of the discussion from a Chinese adoptee point of view. During this time only Chinese Adoptees will be speaking, we ask everyone else to please mute their microphones.
3. Collection of Questions. During this brief time, we’ll read off questions that are submitted at registration, as well as any that come into the chat during the discussion, and ask if anyone has any additional questions. They will be discussed in smaller breakout rooms.
4. Breakout rooms (up to 5) mixed with adoptees and non adoptees to discuss thoughts and questions brought up. This will allow for a smaller discussion and a chance for more people to speak. During this time all attendees should feel free to participate.
5. Conclusions. We will bring the group back together and AB facilitators will recap what was said in each group.