On June 6, 2017, kick off the summer with a one-of-a-kind evening at Chinatown's hottest new restaurant, Chinese Tuxedo. Tucked away on quiet Doyers Street in the heart of Chinatown, Chinese restaurateurs Eddy Buckingham and Jeff Lam have built a strikingly beautiful space on the site of a former opera house that offers a modern take on Chinese cuisine. China Institute's guests will dine in Chinese Tuxedo's private lower level, where Chef Paul Donnelly will meet the group and set us upon a journey through eleven mouthwatering courses, served family style.
Price includes cocktail upon arrival, eleven preselected courses, as well as complimentary beer, wine, and/or tea throughout the evening. Please contact China Institute to discuss any allergies or other dietary restrictions when purchasing tickets, so that accommodations can be made in advance. Must be 21 or older to participate.
China Institute's Gourmet Food Circle brings together curious foodies with an adventurous appetite for all things China. Focusing on both Chinese and Chinese-inspired cuisine, we delve into the local New York food scene to create a cultivated, gourmet experience for participants to learn, taste, and explore.
Dinner Menu (subject to minor changes):
1. Singaporean Curried Chicken Spring Roll
2. Chilled Snow Pea Leaves, Cucumber, Bean Shoots, Shiro Dashi Dressing
3. Tuxedo Dumpling Spicy Pork Filling, Lao Gan Ma Vinaigrette, Flying Fish Roe
4. Crispy Eggplant, Sichuan and Peanut Caramel
5. Roasted Duck, Chinese Celery, Basil, Lychees and Chinkiang Dressing
6. Big Eye Tuna, Strange Flavor Dressing, Chili Oil, Peanuts
7. Vegetarian Furikake Fried Rice
8. Liang Mein, Chilled Noodle, Fried Shallots, Peanuts and Sesame Ponzu Dressing
9. Honey Glazed Char Siu
10. Roasted Banana, Pandan Ice Cream, Sesame And Peanut Brittle
11. Strawberry Curd, Star Anise Ice Cream, Yogurt Mousse, Strawberry Granita