The China Overseas Exchange Association (COEA), an international cultural exchange program based in Beijing, China, is offering adoptees from China (aged 10 -18) and their immediate family members a free* (see below for expenses that are and are not covered) tour of Beijing from July 6-11. I think this is an amazing opportunity for those members that want to take advantage.
Gary Matles, FCCNY Co-president
917-922-3857 or email@example.com
Free* China Heritage Tour of Beijing for FCCNY Members
Open to all Chinese Adoptees aged 10-18 and Immediate Family Members
Wednesday 5 July to Monday 10 July 2017 (six days and five nights)
Families with Children from China Heritage Tours are a part of the China Overseas Exchange Association (COEA), an international cultural exchange program based in Beijing, China. The COEA is generously offering a special experience - a free* 5-day tour of Beijing - to children adopted from China (aged 10 – 18) and their immediate family members.
The COEA has great respect for the generosity and kindness of the American parents who have welcomed a Chinese child into their families. In appreciation, the COEA is very pleased to be able to offer both its financial support and its sponsorship to this exciting China Heritage Tour Program. This wonderful educational and cultural opportunity helps our adopted children develop friendships and enhance their understanding of their heritage. The goal is to give them an opportunity to appreciate and develop pride in their Chinese roots and to encourage a meaningful cultural exchange.
Perhaps the most important benefit of the China Heritage Tours is the priceless sense of value and pride that the children receive from being a part of this experience. Not only has the land of their birth not forgotten them, but it is actively working to bring them and their families back to visit and to enable them to experience first-hand the incredible culture, history and beauty of their birth country.
China Heritage Tours are carefully planned by the COEA with the assistance of professional Chinese travel agencies and tour guides to reach a fine balance between active and leisure time, history, culture and entertainment. All tours are planned with the children as both the most important part of the program and as the very reason for it to exist at all.
- Accommodations in Four or Five Star Hotels for the days of the tour (July 6-11)
- Three meals a day for the days of the tour (except for the last day which includes breakfast only)
- Site entry fees
- Bi-lingual tour guides and escorts
- Tour transportation in Beijing
- Scheduled shuttle service to the tour hotel from the Beijing International Airport on the first day of the tour and return to the airport on the last day
What’s Not Free*
- Round trip cost of travel from your home to Beijing – tour participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from Beijing
- Hotel accommodations for days before and after the tour if you choose to start your visit early and/or extend your stay
- Transportation between the airport and the hotel if you arrive in Beijing before the tour start date or depart Beijing after the tour end date
- Incidentals ( laundry, snacks, room service, business center, travel insurance, personal purchases, etc)
- Tips for tour drivers, tour escorts, and site guides
- $75 dollar tour application fee (will be refunded if not eligible for the tour)
- Cost of Visas and Passports
To Download An Application Go To:
We are now accepting applications with photocopies of your passports including your child’s Chinese Passport, the liability waiver (see http://www.chinaheritagetours.com/waiver.pdf ) and the application fee of $100 per person. The application deadline is May 31, 2017.
If you have any questions:
E-mail Lisa Kifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Matles at 917-922-3857 or email@example.com