ArtsWestchester’s Folk Arts Program presents:Lunar New Year Celebration of Chinese Traditional Arts
Sunday, March 1, 2015, 2-5PM
ArtsWestchester, 31 Mamaroneck Avenue (at the corner of Martine Ave), White Plains, NY
2015 is Year of the sheep / ram in the Chinese calendar. The Lunar New Year is celebrated for two weeks following February 19th. On Sunday, March 1st, ArtsWestchester partners with the Westchester/Hudson Valley chapter of OCA, a national advocacy group for Asian and Pacific Americans, to present a showcase of local and regional traditional artists across a wide variety of art forms, from music to dance, magic and visual arts.
With Performances by:
- The East River Ensemble – Sizhu “silk and bamboo” music instrumental music
- The New York Chinese Cultural Center Westchester School
- Isabel Peng on Guzheng (plucked zither) and Ariane Kuo on Yanqin (hammer dulcimer)
- Kwan’s Kung Fu Lion Dance, Peekskill
- Li Lin, Bian Lian (changing face) magician of the Sichuan opera tradition
With visual art work by photographer Bibiana Huang Matheis and painter Lida Yang Zimmerman
And, Lunar New Year calligraphy by members of the Greenburgh Evergreen Club.
Chinese food sample by Asian Temptation Restaurant
- $10 ArtsW members, seniors and students
- $5 Children under 12
For tickets, directions and information, visit https://artswestchester.org/events/lunar-new-year-celebration-of-chinese-traditional-arts-2/
Folk Arts at ArtsWestchester is made possible through funding from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.